Learning about nature is always important for kids and adults alike. During this climate of social distancing and self-isolation, it became crucial that we nourished our souls with the beauty and wonder of wildlife and its habitat.
To keep fans of the J.N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge in touch with nature during these challenging times, we have created virtual experiences that all ages can enjoy from home.
Click on each day to link to video archives for each theme:
- Movement Monday: wildlife-themed yoga and other exercises
- Tales on Tuesday: nature story reading
- Wildlife Wednesday: learn fun facts about a specific animal
- Trail Thursday: outdoor scavenger hunt
- Fun-Time Friday: crafts and at-home experiments
Other Crafts & Activities to Download
GAMES & WORKSHEETS
Crab Craft (need paper plate and optional popsicle stick)
Follow the "Ding" Darling Wildlife Society Facebook page for daily 30-second videos of wildlife and the Refuge's calming beauty each afternoon.
2021 Lecture Series Videos
Dr. David Guggenheim Lecture, January 29
Clyde & Niki Butcher Lecture, February 4
Jack Davis Lecture, February 19
Paul Bannick Lecture, March 12
Kirk W. Johnson Lecture, March 19